Marshals will ensure that the recipients of Degrees and Awards are seated in the allotted blocks positively by one hour before the inauguration. Music group (Invocation and National Anthem) will take its place on the dais.
I. Procession and announcement:
The academic procession will consist of the members in the following order:
• Registrar (Centre)
• Associate Dean (Academic) & Deputy Registrar (Academic)
• Members of the Senate (Alphabetical)
• Heads of Departments (Alphabetical)
• Members of the Board of Governors (Alphabetical)
• Any other dignitaries invited to join the Procession
• Director (Right) & Chairman, Board of Governors (Left)
• Chief Guest (Centre)
2. Members forming the academic procession will assemble and don their robes at the robing room half an hour before. Academic robes will be provided by the Institute. The Members of the academic procession will be introduced by the Director to the Chief Guest.
3. Members of the Procession will assemble for a photo session.
4. The academic procession will be led by the Registrar.
5. On approaching the dais, the Members on the right side of the Procession will turn and enter through the right entry of the dais. Members on the left side of the Procession will enter through the left entry of the dais. The members of the Academic Procession will identify their respective seats and stand until the invocation is there. They then occupy the seats allotted to them.
6. The arrival will be marked by the sounding of trumpets. "Audience may remain seated at this moment". "The Academic Procession will enter the Auditorium at the exact time to the Recorded music. All are required to stand up and remain standing until all the members of the procession take their respective seats on the dais after the invocation".
7. "The Convocation will commence with an invocation "Vande Maataram" during which the audience is required to remain standing".
"After the Chairman declares the Convocation closed, Indian National Anthem will be sung by the band and the Academic procession will then proceed back to the robing room to the accompaniment of recorded music.
All are required to stand up during the National Anthem, to remain standing and not to leave the Auditorium until all the members of the procession leave the AUDITORIUM" All are requested to follow the instructions narrated till now.
II. Programme of the Convocation:
1. Invocation - "Vande Maataram"
2. The Chairman, Board of Governors will say: (from his seat) "I Declare The Convocation Open"
3. Director's Report (from the left lectern) The Director will welcome the assembly and present a report of the activities of the Institute for the year.
4. Chairman's Address (from the right lectern) The Chairman will deliver his address
5. The Director will introduce the Chief Guest (from the left lectern)
6. The Chairman will present a Memento to the Chief Guest
7. The Chairman will request the Chief Guest to deliver the convocation address. (from the right lectern)
8. The Chief Guest will deliver the Convocation address. (from the right lectern)
Award of Degrees to the Graduands:
9. The Chairman will say to the Senate members seated on the dais:
(from the right lectern)
"Does it please you to approve the award of the degrees of the institute to the candidates who have become eligible to receive them at this convocation"
Senate Members seated on the dais will reply:
10. The Chairman (addressing the Director) will say: "Mr. Director, please Award The Degrees Of The Institute To All Eligible Graduands." The Chairman then returns to his seat.
11. The Director (addressing the Registrar) will say: (from the left lectern) "Mr. Registrar, please propose the number of candidates who have become eligible for the award of the various degrees of the institute at this convocation." The Director will then return to his seat.
12. The Registrar (addressing the Director) will then say: (from the right lectern) "Sir, I propose that (......) Graduands be awarded the B.Tech degrees of the institute at this convocation." "I Also Propose That (......)Graduands be awarded the degrees in person and the rest of the (......)in absentia." The Registrar will then return to his seat.
13. The Director will then say: (from the left lectern) "By The Authority Vested In Me As The Chairman Of The Senate And The Director Of The Institute, I Shall Award The Degrees To All The Graduates"
14. The Director (addressing the Heads of Departments) will then say: (from the left lectern) "Heads of Departments, Please Present All The Graduands For The Award Of The Degrees Of The Institute And Who Are Receiving Them In Person"
15. The Heads of Department (in the alphabetical order) will present the candidates for the award of the Degrees relating to their Departments. The presentation of the various departments will be in alphabetical order as under:
• Computer Science and Engineering
• Electrical & Electronics Engineering
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
16. The Head of the Departments will then say : (from the right lectern) I ______________ Head of ______________ Department Present The List Of Graduands Each Graduand, when his / her name is called, will move respectfully to the front of the dais, bow
(1) to the Head of the Department,
(2) to the Chairman and the Chief Guest, and
(3) to the Director.
17. He / She will receive the degree from the Chief Guest and proceed to the original seat.
18. After all the degrees have been awarded, the Director (addressing the Associate Dean, Academic) will say: (from the left lectern) "Ms. Associate Dean, please read out the names of Medal Winners to this August Assembly".
19. The Director will then request the Chief Guest to give away the Medals and return to his seat.
20. The Associate Dean, Academic will then read out the names of Medal Winners, according to the Alphabetical order of the Department. (from the right lectern) I ______________ Associate Dean of Academic Programmes present the list of Medal winners of various programmes The names of the medal winners / awardees who are not present will be read out. The Associate Dean will then return to his / her seat.
21. After the distribution of the Medals, the Director will address the new graduates as follows: (from the left lectern) "Graduates of the year, I charge you that, in thought, Word And Deed, you will ever maintain the purity, dignity and integrity of your profession and Honour Of Our Institute."
22. The Director will now say: "Graduates of the year, please take the pledge"
23. All the new graduates will stand up and take the following pledge to be read out by the Graduate Representative chosen for this purpose: (from the right lectern) "We, The Graduates Of The National Institute Of Technology Nagaland, Hereby Pledge That We Shall, In Thought, Word And Deed, Ever Endeavour To Be Scrupulously Honest In The Discharge Of Our Duties As Engineers, That In All Circumstances, We Shall Uphold The Dignity And Integrity Of Our Profession And The Honour Of Our Institute And The Nation And That We Shall Devote All Our Energies To Promote The Unity And Secular Ideal Of Our Country And Utilise Our Knowledge In The Service Of Our Motherland And The Humanity Ultimately".
24. The Chairman (from his seat) will then sign the record of degrees. The Registrar will present the Register to the Chairman
25. The Chairman (from his seat) will say: "I Declare The Convocation Closed".
26. National Anthem will be sung by the band (All to stand).
27. The academic procession will be led again by the Registrar and leave the Auditorium in the same order with the accompaniment of Music by the band. (The members on the dais will re-form themselves into a procession and return to the Robing room led again by the Registrar and leave the Auditorium in the same order as they entered)